Hello, sweeties! How are you?
I'm a little late sharing my manicure this week, as I usually post early on Friday or Saturday, but I decided to take it easy this weekend. What was right on time was my menstrual cramps and I am feeling a little tired, hence my delay posting. I didn't want to miss this appointment for the "Nail Crazies Unite" nail art Challenge because this week's theme is Superheroes/Villains nails!! I SO SO WANTED TO DO A WONDER WOMAN NAIL ART!!
In reality I had something more intricated in mind that involved freehand painting, but given the fact that I was feeling under the weather, I did a simpler version. This is how my nails turned out!
1) I painted my nails with a metallic red nail polish, except my ring and thumb's fingernails which I painted with a metallic rose gold.
2) I waited for the gold rose polish to dry COMPLETELY. (This is very important)
3) once my rose gold polish was dry I applied a V- shaped or chevron shaped nail stencil (you can also use striping tape a place two bits forming a "V" shape).
4) I then painted the upper part of the nail with the same metallic red nail polish and the lower part of the nail with a shimmery blue. Before the polish dries I peeled the stencils. Be very quick or your design will be ruined. I advise you to work one nail at the time. I sealed the design with top coat and wait for it to dry.
5) Finally, I stamped some really tiny stars on the blue section using rose gold polish
These are the products and Items I used:
- A England "Percival" nail polish (metallic red)
- Butter London "Goss" nail polish (rose gold)
- OPI Chills are multiplying nail polish (deep blue from the OPI collection "Grease")
- Stamper and Scraper from BeautyBigBang
- Winstonia stamping plate #W110
- V shaped nail vinyl stencils
- Topcoat SecheVite
Have a lovely evening!